As a small non-profit library with limited resources, we are always grateful when people are able to spare some time to assist.
In addition to general volunteers, we are also always looking for volunteers with either library experience or training who can assist in specialised areas/projects.
We can use help in the following areas:
- Book Covering
- Vertical File Maintenance
- Archive Description
- Dewey Decimal System Maintenance
- Indexing and Cataloguing
- Front Desk Work
- and more!
If you are interested in any of these tasks, or if you have any particular skills that you would like to use or develop, we look forward to receiving your expression of interest in volunteering at the PMI.
Friends of the PMI Victorian History Library
You can also become a Friend of the PMI Victorian History Library.
Join a like minded and social group, to help with the PMI booksale, family history workshops and events.
Simply fill in the form below and indicate your interest in becoming a Friend.
Benefits of Volunteering
There’s a range of ways you can benefit from volunteering:
- Job reference or statement of work experience if needed/applicable.
- Free library membership once 15 hours of volunteering have been completed.
- An invitation to the celebratory function at the end of each year in which volunteers are recognised.
- The chance to obtain Long-Term Volunteer Awards (five years and ten years)
- Knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to a community owned, non-profit library service and a living part of Victoria’s heritage
How to Volunteer at the PMI
Simply complete the form below and the Volunteer Coordinator will be in contact with you.