The following books are available for sale at the PMI. Members receive 10% discount. Books can be posted.
In addition to cash payments, the PMI can now accept payments via EFTPOS.
Prahran Mechanics’ Institute Press publications:
- Valuable steps: a history of physical education in Victoria / Garry Powell, 312p, $35
- Beginnings: a brief account of some of the first Europeans to explore or settle in Victoria / Frank Hutchinson, 122p, $15
- Design for living: a history of ‘Prahran Tech’ / Judith Buckrich, 276p, $35
- Frontier French Island / Ruth Gooch, 317p, $50
- Buildings books and beyond: Mechanics’ Worldwide Conference 2004, 430p, $20
- Where Did All the Blacksmiths Go? / Shirley Xanthos, 185p, $34.95
- The World Is One Kilometre: Greville Street, Prahran / Judith Buckrich, 227p, $50
Prahran Historical & Arts Society books:
- Discovering Prahran area one / Betty Malone, 51 p, $5
- Discovering Prahran area four / Betty Malone, 72 p, $5
- Discovering Prahran area five / Betty Malone, 72 p, $5
- Discovering Prahran area eight / Betty Malone, 68 p, $5
- The Political is Personal: a Twentieth Century Memoir / Judith Buckrich, 405 p, $30
- The Pride of Prahran: a history of the Prahran Library 1860-2010 / Stella M. Barber, 152 p, $25
- Two squatters: the lives of George Playne and Daniel Jennings / Martin J Playne, 409 p, $35
- Ubiquitous and Necessary : Australia’s mechanics’ institutes and schools of arts etc : a research guide / Pam Baragwanath and Ken James. 696 pages. $50
- Warrandyte: the Community with a Heart of Gold / Murray Houghton, 300 p, $40
Secondhand Books for Sale
We have a huge number of second hand and ex-library books available for sale. Keep an eye on this page for news of our next members’ book sale. The Friends Pop-Up Book Shop is open 11:00am – 3:00pm on Tuesdays.
Wanting to renew or reserve library items?
Join the Library
You will be supporting a not-for-profit, community organisation and one of the oldest libraries in Victoria.