Benefits of Membership
As a PMI member you can:
- Borrow items from the Victorian History Library.
- Public access computers for historical and genealogical research, including Ancestry Library Edition.
- Free wifi
- Digital and microfiche resources for use within the library
- Enjoy free tea, coffee and hot chocolate in our tea room.
- Bimonthly Newsletter and monthly Recent Additions List.
- Buy second hand history books from our book sales, and receive a 10% discount on all new books available.
- Members-only book covering service
- Photocopying, printing and scanning available
- Enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that you are supporting a not-for-profit, community organisation and one of the oldest libraries in Victoria
You can join online here.
- Standard loan period of 3 weeks – inter library loan period of 6 weeks
- New members may borrow 3 items at a time for the first 6 months
- Free and unlimited reservations and renewals, unless an item is reserved by another borrower
- After hours return chute
- Overdue items attract a fine of 30c per item per week.
- Staff assisted reference service
- We provide interlibrary loans to any library within Australia
- Reserve and renew items and view loans record online