The PMI is incorporated under the Prahran Mechanics Institute Act No 1617 (1899).
It operates under the Rules of the Prahran Mechanics' Institute and Circulating Library, gazetted in the Victorian Parliament on 24 July 2007.
Members are provided with copies of the PMI legislation and Library Policy on request, and can elect to go on our mailing list to receive committee meeting minutes.
The PMI is administered by a committee of seven people - six elected by the members of the PMI at the annual general meeting for a four year term of office and one person appointed by the City of Stonnington.
- Dr Judith Buckrich
- Cr John Chandler (President)
- Mr Chris Michalopoulos (Vice President)
- Mr Ben Quin, CPA (Treasurer)
- Mr Steve Stefanopoulos
- Cr Claude Ullin (City of Stonnington representative)
- Mr Peter Wolfenden
- Tim McKenna, B.Ed. (Librarianship) (Secretary Librarian)
- Christine Worthington, B.A.; Dip. Lib. & Info. Stud.; Grad. Dip. Info. Man (Promotions & Publications Librarian, Membership Secretary, PMI Press Administrator)
- Ursula Zamecnik (Library Technician)
The Prahran Mechanics Institute is an institutional member of the Australian Library & Information Association and is a member society of the Royal Historical Society of Victoria.